UX Engineer (Frontend developer)
Blinkk is a small team of developers, producers, and a freelance designer. We build highly interactive static websites – and we’re looking to add a UX Engineer to our team.
Interested? Send an email to email@example.com with:
- A short intro email about yourself
- A PDF of your resume or LinkedIn link
- Links to relevant work samples
- How you heard about us
Great ideas result in great work. We are taking five years of scrappiness and slowly (but surely) streamlining our process with improvements. Each project yields new ideas that we apply more broadly, bringing more harmony to our work.
We come to the virtual office every day to support each other, make the day brighter for our clients, and to bring great experiences to our end users. Ultimately, we want to bring great people together to have fun and build interesting things.
At the end of the day, the build is what matters. We take pride in launching sites fast, on time, and with just the right amount of flourish. We combine the individual strengths of our people and lean on our in-house technology to launch, again and again.
What you’ll do
- Architect, develop and maintain innovative, engaging and informative websites and systems for our clients’ worldwide audiences.
- Design and implement technical solutions to meet clients’ needs and schedules.
- Fulfill multiple project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Work with the team to see projects through to completion – sample tasks include building responsive implementation of desktop sites, implementing Analytics tracking, closing out tasks and requests throughout each project’s timeline.
- Manage content, fix bugs, roll up sleeves and handle big and small tasks all in order to see interactive web projects through to completion.
- Conduct yourself with confidence and professionalism when working with clients.
- Static site generators (we use our in-house Amagaki and Grow.dev)
- Sass and BEM (following our published style guide)
- TypeScript and Angular JS
- “CSS parallax” design patterns, often with scroll-based animations
- "Slim" or "No JS" solutions to popular interaction patterns
- Content management systems
- Accessible and localization-friendly development
- Experience with mobile web development including responsive design
- Experience with version control systems and issue tracking
- Experience with static site generators / content management systems
- Flexibility in responding to urgent project needs and timelines without compromising quality
- Familiarity with localization
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Strong consistency and attention to detail
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to make technical project decisions, meet with clients, and work with our producers to establish timelines and requirements for cross-functional teams.